The worldwide Automotive Winter Tires Market report is an in-depth research on the current situation of the Automotive Winter Tires industry. The research study of Global Automotive Winter Tires Market 2017 offers a strategic assessment of Automotive Winter Tires market. The industry report focuses on the growth opportunities, which will help the Automotive Winter Tires industry to expand operations in the existing markets globally.
London – Hankook Tire is delaying the start-up of its tire plant in Clarksville, Tennessee, which had been scheduled to commence operations over a month ago.
In a written statement to ERJ, a Hankook spokesman confirmed that the US facility is “not producing tires for commercial distribution at this time.”
The Clarksville plant, the statement added, is currently “training employees and refining processes as we prepare to ramp to commercial production.”
Global tyre majors Bridgestone, Michelin, Goodyear, Continental and Pirelli have retained their first five positions respectively in the annual ranking of leading tyre manufacturers done by Tyres & Accessories based on full-year 2016 financial results. Sumitomo, Hankook, Yokohama, Maxxis and Cooper Tyres occupied the next five positions respectively among the Top 10 global tyre companies. One notable change this time is that Cooper has jumped over Giti to occupy the 10th position.
Although Hankook Tire is still hiring staff for its new factory in Clarksville, Tennessee and intends to hold an official plant inauguration ceremony towards the end of this year, tyre production has reportedly already started there.
NASHVILLE — Hankook Tire America Corp. joined recently with the Nashville-area United Way to collect items that would help impoverished mothers and their children.
Hankook Tire has commented on its recognition as a General Motors Supplier of the Year. The company was one of five tyre makers to gain this distinction at the vehicle manufacturer’s 25th annual Supplier of the Year awards ceremony, which was held in Orlando, Florida at the end of March.
ORLANDO, Fla.—Bridgestone Corp., Hankook Tire Co. Inc., Kumho Tire Co. Ltd. and Michelin North America Inc. all earned “Supplier of the Year” honors for 2016 from General Motors Co. at the car maker’s recent annual awards ceremony.
According to the Hankook Tire Gauge Index, there are several factors that influence a driver’s choice of tires as 38% of Americans purchase the same tires that were already on the vehicle, while the remaining 62% of Americans are evenly split on choosing the best price (31%) and the dealer recommended product (31%).
The importance of tire price is further reflected by participation in discount programs as half (55%) of drivers have taken advantage of a rebate when buying new tires. Further, one-in-10 Americans have purchased tires through a rebate only to store them for future use.
MEASURING YOUR MILES
Opinions are varied as to when to replace tires. Fifty-nine percent of Americans believe new tires should last over 25,000 miles, while 41% believe new tires last less than that, according to the Gauge. This contrast might arise from how drivers determine they need new tires, as 65% of drivers only purchase new tires when the tread looks worn. While the eye test can help indicate if you do need to replace your tires, utilizing the Tread Wear Indicator on the bottom of the grooves can more accurately measure the tread depth and determine if you actually need new tires.
Following an incredible 2016 Formula Drift season, which saw Hankook driver Chris Forsberg win his third Formula Drift Championship, Hankook Tire announced its plans to bolster its Formula Drift roster and racing tires heading into the 2017 season.
Reigning champion and Formula Drift legend Chris Forsberg will be back for his seventh consecutive year with Hankook, alongside friend and fellow Hankook teammate Ryan Tuerck.
LONG BEACH, Calif. — Five tire suppliers have firmed up their plans for this year’s Formula Drift series, whose season kicks off March 31-April 1 in the streets of Long Beach in support of the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach IndyCar race.
Heading the list is Sumitomo Rubber North America’s Falken brand, which has secured a deal as the official tire sponsor of Formula Drift and is sponsoring six drivers in this year’s championship.
The other tire brands with firm plans for 2017 are Achilles Tire USA, Hankook Tire America Corp., Nexen Tire America Inc. and Nitto Tire U.S.A. Inc.
Achilles — a brand owned/controlled by Indonesia’s P.T. Multistrada Arah Sarana — is backing 17 drivers, including five in the top Pro Series.
“Formula DRIFT has been a wonderful partner for our brand in the U.S. and throughout the world,” said Cheralyn Hale, director of marketing for Irvine, Calif.-based Achilles Tire USA.